Sunday, December 5, 2010

MY FIRST SANTA CARD...EVER!

Some people make lots of Santa cards for Christmas. I never have in the 4 years of card making under my belt. I like them, but just never have. I recently bought this vintage Santa on Ebay in Sept, I think, and loved the round design of it with the holly. So I have designed my first Santa card, and now my brain wants to try some more to see what I might create.

I first stamped the image in Versa Mark onto a white card stock. I heat embossed with black ZING ebp and colored the image with SU markers and a few Copics for shadows in the beard and hat. I used my Cuttlebug to make a red smooth circle mat, then a black inverted circle mat. I cut the Santa out by hand and adhered to the Nesties and popped those up onto the doily which had been distressed with a Tim Holtz ink, and some Stickles rubbed over the edges for some glitz. The background mat is black on the white base card, then a dark green hounds tooth from a Christmas stack. I again used my Cuttlebug and cut out and embossed the red and the holly pieces and adhered them on. I added some white snowy dots to the doily and also the four corners. The red satin bow was tied using my Bow Easy. It is kind of dark in color, but very traditional. What do you think? We will always remember our first, right?

Be sure to check back about 5 postings as I added a bunch today. Thanks for stopping by.

Challenges:
Timeless Flourishes Tuesday: doilies
Tip Top Tuesday: anything goes
Tuesday Taggers: Santa
ABC Christmas:Holly & Berries, Red & Green
Marks Finest Papers: Red & Green
Crafty Ann's: Christmas
Paper Players: Christmas
Inky Impressions: Christmas
2 Sisters: Sparkly Christmas
The Paper Variety: Tic Tac Toe Christmas ( die, card, holiday)

3 comments:

Beryl said...

It's a lovely card Martha - super Santa image and I love the design. You must have so much patience - cutting out all those holly leaves.
You should be really proud of your first Santa card.
Beryl xx

Barb Hardeman said...

This is a lovely card Martha! I love the bright red bow which draws out the red in the Santa. You should be so proud of your first Santa card...
Hugs,
Barb

Davi said...

Beautiful Martha. Love the wonderful Santa you colored beautifully and the doily looks like snow behind him. So perfect...pretty red bow too.