Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BLUE CHRISTMAS CARD


My last post was of my first ever Santa card, and this one is of my first all blue Christmas card. I even used blue ink for the stamping inside which says, "The Lord has come, let the world rejoice". Good words for all year long, in my opinion.

My card uses a smaller simple stamp of a dove holding an olive branch made by Stampendous 2005. I wanted the card to be CAS so the image was the focal point and not a lot of fluff, stitching or embellishments. I stamped it in Stampin Up Bordering Blue ink on a gray SU card stock. I had to hand cut the shape of the gray panel, and roughed the edges. The blue under the gray is cut with a Spellbinder 4 label die and embossed. The next panel down is a shiny steel blue CS which I ran through the Cuttlebug using the vine folder. I wrapped it with a blue ribbon that has a glitzy thread between the satin side and the sheer side. Makes it look like a present. I also used the Martha Stewart corner rounder which takes off a big bite! Last is a lighter blue paper with snowflakes scattered in the gray and steel blue. I added some Stickles to the snowflakes that show. The steel blue pearls are added in the corners. This has only the first two panels popped up. I added some white gel pen to the dove and covered it with Stickles to make it shine! It is relatively uncluttered compared to others, using simple shapes and lines. Thanks for stopping by.

Challenges:

4 comments:

Davi said...

Martha Love this beautiful blue card! The embossing and layers are wonderful and I love how the White dove pops out!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card! Love the shimmery white dove!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, how pretty Martha...I love all the blue and the dove is gorgeous!
Love that shimmery card stock...hugs, Barb

Beryl said...

I love blue for Christmas although it's a well kept secret.lol.
A lovely card Martha - great design and loving all those textures.
Beryl xx