Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MASCULINE THANK YOU

I needed to say Thank You to my daughters BF who was in India this summer and shopped for a sari for me. He did a wonderful job of it. They tend to have bright, orangy colors with gold and I can't wear those colors successfully. He picked a dark shade of blue and another which is light blue. They both are gorgeous and I am thrilled with them. Now to learn how to wear them and get the other parts for it too. Thanks, Sujan.

This card is pretty simple. I chose the dotted CS first for the subtle manly colors. I tore the edge and layered over the gray/blue shade on the bottom. I matted with black and added a golden/brown ribbon that has ridges on it. I used the Cuttlebug to cut out the die shaped saying, edged it with a medium blue cs, and popped it up over the ribbon. I had been playing with a corner punch from Martha Stewart. I cut the pieces and slipped under the saying above and below, kind of as a metal looking piece in black. I was happy with the results. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: