Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ONE MORE FALL CARD

Since I in live in the cold tundra of Minnesota (You can go back a few posts and see the snow we have already had!), there still are places in the US that have bare trees, warm weather, green grass, and alley cats on the picket fence. This one is for you.

I saw this image on ebay some time ago and had wanted it. Of course I did not manage to get it, and had to wait for the next, which was over a year coming. But I finally bid/won it and here is my card. I used my Water Color Wonder Crayons from Stampin Up, which I love. They are so easy to watercolor with.

I matted using a brick red (which has a dotted texture all ready on it) on the white base. a blue, and a black I used my new Martha Stewart Vintage Floral for punching the blue and black edges to the right. I drew a few extra leaves at the base of the picket fence to color in the brick color. The sun/yellow moon is a bright yellow...maybe Summer Sun.

The sentiment was cut out using a die and the Cuttlebug. I hand cut the black one behind it. The extra leaves are very small and hand drawn. I used some scraps of the brick red and some water colored scraps that were left from another project. I cut them out by hand and put some Glossy accents over each one to give them shine. I think they add to the fall feeling. Thanks for stopping by to see my latest projects.

2 comments:

Beryl said...

My you have been busy. Did you post them all on the same day? The 'trio' card says 1st December but it popped up top of the most recent list last night 5th. That's a mystery. I love all your thanksgiving cards - something we don;t do here (well I don't think so anyway) and the masculine card is lovely. Super backing paper. Just right for the man (any man?) in your life.
I'm sure Beth loved her card too - great design.
Beryl xx

Davi said...

Fun card love the moon and kitty.