Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MY TRIO FOR VERVE WINTER RELEASE

This is my first ever attempt at a "release challenge". I love the look of Verve stamps but I don't have any yet. I hope to rectify that problem really soon. Sorry for the occasional shadow from the overhead light. I am NOT a very good photographer, but you can get the idea of my projects.




.






My TRIO begins with the little box on the upper right, that contains 3 tea bags in a Sugar Plum flavor. I wrote "You're TEA-rrific" on the little banner. I decorated the string on each tea bag with a piece of the plaid and a snowflake. The box I constructed with white CS, cut the plaid panels to fit, added the snowflakes with a rhinestone center on each, and put the banner across to help hold it closed. Inside I made a little card with the brand of tea, the flavor and the "caffeine free' info in case that was important and they wanted to find it again.

The plastic candy container was one of a set of 5 that I found at Hobby Lobby for $2.99...a really good deal in my book. What was cute about them was that they are a miniature of the big tubs with the flip over locks on the handles on the side. I made some peppermint bark (almond bark melted in the Microwave and crushed peppermint candy canes added and then spread out on a waxed paper covered cookie sheet. I chilled it and broke it into bite sized pieces.) I put a layer of red tissue with silver sparkle dots inside it to line the container. I made a cover of the dark green CS, added a row of the white Martha Stewart snowflake border on both outer edges, backed it with the plaid CS, and added my die cut sentiment and matted with the plaid in the next sized die. I wrote "MINT for you" to hint at the mint candy inside. On the front side, I put the small banner with "peppermint bark" so they would know for sure what was inside. I added the 3 snowflakes (also Martha Stewart snowflake punches) and a rhinestone in the center of them.

The card is the third item and pretty simple. I stamped a flourish in green over the plaid CS. I did that to all three projects. I matted the plaid with green, added the row of MS snowflakes using a border, added the "Merry Christmas" on the Die cut panel and matted with a green one the next size up. I added three MS snowflakes to the card. All the snowflakes on all three projects (except for the ones on the tea bags) were covered with the Martha Stewart "tinsel" glitter and it looks so much like snow. Love it! I made a red bow but decided it covered up too much and so chose not to use any ribbon. So that is my take on the "Trio Challenge" for the Verve Winter Release. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Beryl said...

Oh wow - This post opped up just as I was logging off last night so I didn't get to read it properly. Your trio of projects are fabulous. I love the plaid paper especially - and your play on words. Very clever. Question - what is almond bark? Your peppermint bark looks really scrumptious (especially to someone who just loves anything minty.)
Beryl xx

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic projects! Clever and beautiful!

Joanne Gilch said...

O so luscious looking mint bark..woof, woof!!! Your trio is lovely and such a fine gift, too!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! Love that little teabag holder. Such a lovely set!

Davi said...

This is a WOWzer creation!! Love that plaid paper and the beautiful snowflake embellies. The teabags are very fun with the snowflakes. The card has a beautiful layout! And your bark looks way yummy. :) Great job on this trio my friend!!