Friday, February 11, 2011

BELATED BIRTHDAY CARD


This last week was my son's 37th BD and I completely forgot the date. Grrr! Lately I have to look at my cell phone to see the date. When you don't have any reason to keep track of the date, it kind of gets lost. Plus I am more concerned with my walking skills right now and so am not thinking about other things much.

I made my son a quick belated card the day after. His oldest (Emma, who is almost 6 yrs old) picked out this House Mouse image because they were having fun in the snow. I matted it with some blue solid CS and some birthday paper behind the image and heat embossed some snowflakes all over the image to make it look like snow falling. I ran Scotch tape around a Q-tip to make it as small a circle as I could, then dipped it into the Versa Mark and made the dots. I used white embossing powder and heat set it. Some of the dots were made prior to coloring, and some after. But they all look the same! : ) I colored with a mixture of Copics and Stampin Up markers. I gave it to Bill when he and the girls came for dinner. Happy Birthday Som!

1 comment:

Beryl said...

I know what you mean about keeping track of the date. Never mind - your son got his card and it's terrific.
Love those little mice.
Beeryl xx