Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SENTIMENT FOCUS


Hi everyone! The card I have for you today uses a sentiment for the focal image, and hearts, but can be used for someone you love and not just on Valentines Day.

I began with a white base, punched two strips of Heidi Grace DSP using a Martha Stewart lace hearts border. I matted those with a Bazzill watermelon CS. After getting those adhered on the card, I stamped the Tim Holtz sentiment using Versa Mark on a separate white piece, heat embossed with black Zing, and colored the roses and leaves on the image. I used my CB to cut the image and emboss the extra edge and I also did a lighter shade of Bazzill strawberry splash as the matting, doing the double edge there too. The top image was also distressed using the Tim Holtz "old papers" ink. At first I thought it was way too dark, but decided to continue on and see how the whole thing looked. I used a runner glue to put the two Nestie scalloped rectangles together and popped the whole up at an angle. I punched two different Martha Stewart hearts out of the two shades of pink I had already used, and layered them up with pop dots. The lower left corner looked plain, so added a small dotted sheer pink bow made with my Bow Easy.

This card fits the following challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges- Hearts
All sorts-Focal image

4 comments:

Beryl said...

It's beautiful Martha. I can see you are still in romantic mode.lol
Beryl xx

Fleur said...

A beautiful card
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Ann said...

You certainly have been busy Martha with all of your lovely cards. My geocaching has been taking up my time :-) so I haven't been as busy with cards lately.
Have a lovely day
Ann x

HI said...

I think it is a pretty card.