Monday, February 14, 2011

VALENTINE CARD #3


Yes, there is another card with the Penny Black hedgie and it is a "gate card". I fussy cut the Copic/SU colored hedgie out and I stamped a big dotted heart from Imagine That in black Momento ink, and matted it in a darker pink and then black. Then I sat looking at it for more than a day. I decided to make a gate card in the same pink and used the Martha Stewart Gothic Fence corner punch to decorate the corners of the gate (love that look!). The large heart is adhered to the left side of the "gate" only and the hedgie is popped up for some dimension. I added some Glossy Accents on the hearts stuck on his fur. I stamped "I really do love you" (2001 Penny Black) in black and added a tulle bow in pink on the front. It is very simple, but I do like CAS! The only thing I wish I had done differently would have been to stamp the sentiment higher but at that point, I did not know I was going to add the big tulle bow. Oh well, next card maybe!

Thanks for stopping by.

Challenges:
Weds 7 Kids College Challenge (hearts)
Tues Paper Take Weekly (hearts)
Tues A spoonful of sugar (love)

4 comments:

Julie said...

This is a super cute card! I love the hearts all over the hedgehog. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Julie

Beryl said...

Another gorgeous card Martha - your tulle bow is lovely.
Beryl xx

LindaC said...

Martha, did you get help with posting on the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Let me know if I can help.
Linda C
cummings37128@comcast.net

Davi said...

VERY pretty gate card Martha, Love the color and the sweet image with embellies. :)