Tuesday, February 8, 2011

HERE GOES!!!


I am attempting to enter some challenges tonight. I made one card in red, black and white for the Magnolia Bi-Monthly challenge. It also will fit the Just Magnolia Challenge of Anything Goes with Ribbon. I have lots and lots of older Tildas, and have decided to use them even though there are some really precious new ones I would like to get soon.

My card is pretty simple. I matted the black dotted paper with red and black. I added the row of Martha Stewarts dotted border along the opening of the card. The red panel was run through the Cuttlebug using the large rectangular die, and then I used the Swiss dots folder to give it texture. I matted it in black and stamped the Tilda on a white CS using Momento black ink, cut her out using the CB and my new Labels 16 Spellbinder die, and colored her with mostly Copics. I ran the ribbon on the black dotted paper layer and left long tails to tie later. The red panel is flat mounted and the Tilda is popped up on dimensional pop dots. I added the two red heart rhinestones, and some glossy accents on the hearts in her apron (which ran together a little! Boohoo!)

So best get this posted and logged in on the challenges mentioned. There are some nice prizes but it is a random drawing for the winner. Who knows! I might get lucky one of these days. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Beryl said...

Absolutely gorgeous Martha. Fantastic design and colours. Good luck with entering the challenges.
Beryl xx

Candy said...

Martha,
Very nicely done!!!
Love the black dotted paper and your MS punch that is perfect for it.
Tilda is wonderful in her lovely die cut :o)
Your colouring is great and the added heart rhinestones and pretty red ribbon finish it off so well.
Thank you so much for joining in our Magnolia-licious Challenge BLog!
Hugs, Candy

Pat said...

Hi Martha...I smiled when I read the part about getting lucky one of these days...I said the same thing several weeks ago and, I WON!!! hehehe! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Your card is so dang cute! This Tilda was one of my very first...I love so many of the older images...who am I kidding? I love 'em all!! Your embossing and glossy accents and ribbons...all just perfectly showcase this little Tilda! Thanks so much for joining us for this month's color challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog! Pat Frank

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Martha! Love the papers you chose to use and all your other details. So glad you joined us this week at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

cabio's craft corner said...

That's a darling card Martha. Very sweet take on of the coloring combo. Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge.
For the question you asked on the blog, the red 'x' is only if you need to delete the picture/entry. In this case, you don't need to because you linked the right one. Hope this helps clear your concern :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Davi said...

Pretty RB&W card Martha! The sweet Tilda colored sooo well looks wonderful on the fun dp. Pretty red jewel hearts are perfect with her.:)

paola said...

So many stunning details, a lot of work went into this beautiful card, thanks so much for playing in the Magnolia-licious challenge
smiles
Paola

Norma said...

Martha, what a precious card. Adorable Tilda image, beautifully coloured. Love the layout of your card and those 2 red hearts. I just got the same Nesties set too. Oh it looks wonderful—I can’t wait to use it.
Thanks for playing with us at the Magnolia-licious challenge.

Hugs,
Norma

Glenda Mollet said...

Great card, Martha. I love how you used the nestie and added bling to it! Very effective.