Monday, February 14, 2011

VALENTINE CARD #2

This card is a step card with three "mountains" and two "valleys" between. I found it difficult to get a good picture of this. The front face of the first "mountain" has pink matting and a strip of scalloped DSP I found at Archivers. I had a bag of shiny red buttons and tied the three largest with pink crochet thread which was a little soft and difficult to keep tied. I of course did NOT have a heart button in that bag and I wanted one. So I just punched one from shiny paper and it can be seen clearly in this picture.

The second mountain has the same pink matting and scalloped punched DSP. I stamped "Happy Valentines's Day" in red on white and cut out using my CB and embossed the framed edge. Then I mounted a red CS scalloped oval behind, which was also cut out with the CB and a scalloped die. This piece is popped up.

The third "mountain" face also has pink matting. My piece of DSP was a little short, so I added a punched scalloped Martha Stewart border in white, but it doesn't show much. I then added a cut out heart in white behind the red doily to give it support. I cut the image out using the CB using the oval nestie. I popped the hedgie up on pop dots on the heart doily and flat adhered the whole thing on the left side. I stamped the little stamp "XOXO Hugs & Kisses" and used a small tag punch to punch each part out. I matted each with red CS and added a pink bow made with the crochet thread.

This is on it's way to our daughter who is so special to us. Happy Valentines Day, Beth!

This qualifies for these challenges:

Tuesday Throwdown-"buttons"
Monday Flourishes- "buttons"
Monday Crafty Card Makers- "hearts"

3 comments:

Beryl said...

Gorgeous creation Martha. So inventive.
Beryl xx

Davi said...

Martha you card turned out soo pretty!! Love all the buttons and the fun dp!

HI said...

The scan of the card looks good.