Thursday, February 17, 2011

HEARTS AND FLOWERS


Here is a heart of flowers that I colored with Copics and SU markers several months ago, not sure what I would do with it. I fussy cut around it and matted in pale pink and ran a darker pink marker around the edges to define it a bit.

I had used my CB to make this argyle #2 background and matted that in Bazzill strawberry splash. I had a medium piece of pink left over and ran it through the Swiss dots and then edged it with the Martha Stewart scalloped scallop punch. I felt the white looked really plain, so stamped a small double heart outline stamp in each of the diamonds that would show using Versa Mark and heat embossing in white Zing EP. It is a subtle addition but made me happier.

I adhered the pink strip, the heart and tied my pink dotted ribbon using my Bow-Easy. The sentiment is only half of another one and I stamped it in pink and matted in pink and popped it on to look like it is hanging from the bow. I then adhered the whole top down to the card. Now for some, this card may seem lopsided with most everything to the left. But I kind of like the negative space on the right. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: