Friday, February 4, 2011

A DAY LATE

I had finished this card several days ago but did not know the deadline for the Rainw Lady challenge and am a day late. I know I am not in the running for anything but I decided to post my "bear" card on their blog anyway. Thought you might like to see it too. I used a Penny Black image, colored with a variety of markers (Copics and Stampin Up) and I matted with several shades of pink card stock and crocheted my own little flowers. I used a sparkly brad in the center of both flowers. The very back panel was run through the Cuttlebug for some texture. I used a nice corner punch on the corners of the image panel and added some Martha Stewart punched leaves for my flowers. I would have crocheted some leaves but had neither green thread or white that I would have ink dyed. Guess I am going shopping! This makes a sweet Valentine, although not an obvious one. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Beryl said...

This is gorgeous Martha. A lovely imnage - beautifully coloured - and your chrocheted flowers are such a good idea.
Beryl xx

Rainbow Lady said...

Such a delightful card Martha so glad you still linked in. No problem being late as I love it. Thanks so much love Cynthia x fabulous flowers too x

LeAnne said...

Okay, I found your blog!!! This turned out very cute!!! I'll be checking out your other goodies now!