Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY vALENTINES DAY TO ALL


LOVE (or the material manifestation of it) is everywhere. All the stores have heart balloons, candy, heart decorated paper plates, napkins and cups, stuffed animals with hearts on them, coffee mugs with hearts, cling decorations for the windows depicting hearts of all kinds, and that is only at the grocery store. At other stores you get the same push for buying something with hearts.

Why does Valentine's Day need to be only one day in the year? Aren't we supposed to love others and do nice things all year long? This question has been on my mind and probably will be there a long time. I know what my Bible says about LOVE.

GOD is LOVE and HE never changes, never lies, and keeps HIS promises.

JESUS loved us (His creation) so much that HE willingly sacrificed HIS holiness, His kingship, and gave HIMSELF to die for our sins that we might be forgiven. HE wanted to please GOD and so came to earth as a man, went through a horrible death, the grave, and rose again. Such a love was for all who would believe in HIM.

We don't talk much about sacrificial love in our society. It is mostly about what can we get from someone, and NOT what can we give for the benefit of others.

Something to think about on this day of celebrating LOVE!

Here is a card I made several weeks go using the Penny Black hedgie with hearts stuck on his fur. I have made about four cards using that image. He is so cute! The red mesh is a metallic ribbon I bought after Christmas. It is full of wires and so I had to just stick it down with double stick tape. I could feel the tape through the mesh, so threw some diamond dust glitter on it to cover. (Necessity IS afterall, the mother of invention!) I ran the red yarn with silver threads over the mesh three times and secured it by tying a bow on the front. On the inside, where it criss-crosses, I punched a tissue heart and a solid CS one and adhered those over that point. I cut the hedgie out using the deckle edged rectangular Nestie, and matted with red solid CS. I stamped the sentiment, punched it out using the Stampin Up slot punch and mounted with red. I gave the hearts in his fur a coating of Glossy Accents. I think it turned out pretty cute and I have more of this same image to use. (maybe next year!) I hope to make them all totally different...we shall see.

I am sure this would fit a couple of challenges, but it is late in the day, so I won't hunt for them right now. I plan to make my hubby a nice grilled NY strip steak dinner for his Valentine dinner.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Beryl said...

Oh you clever girl. I've got some mesh and have had problems getting it to stick. Disguising the DS tape with glitter is a brilliant idea. Fab card.
Beryl xx

Davi said...

Love that mesh and the triple looped yarn with the cutie image. :) Great job.!