Friday, February 11, 2011

MY MOTHER"S VALENTINE


This little girl on this Penny Black image reminds me of a picture of my mother when she was 5 or so. She had a little Dutch boy hair cut with bangs and her angelic face looked just like this stamp. She was standing by the roadster that her mom and grand mother had driven down to Mexico for a road trip back in the 20's. It is a cool picture, and if I can get a copy, I will post it.

Mom likes blue and pink a lot so I tend to gravitate to making her cards with blue or pink as the main color. I began with a black and then blue matting, adding a white lace layer and the light blue paper both punched using a Martha Stewart punch (Vintage Lace) I stamped the inside of the card and then adhered the ribbon on the front and back and tied the whole card shut. It will give her something new to do...untie her Valentine card!

I colored the image using my few Copics and some Stampin Up markers, and added the magenta Stickles for some glitz. I popped the image and sentiment up with pop dots. The sentiment is stamped in pink, and punched with a Stampin Up slot punch, and then matted with blue. I added a pink pearl heart to her hat, which is the only heart on this Valentine card. But I think she will be pleased with it. We mailed it with a small box of chocolate candies, and a cat comb for her cat. We comb our 3 cats to keep their fur smooth and they have less shedding. Mom expressed a desire to try a comb like ours and so she shall. She likes little gifts and I try to surprise her from time to time.
Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Glad to see you back making some cards Martha! You must be feeling a whole lot better. This is adorable and I think your mom will be very pleased with it.
Hugs,
Barb

Beryl said...

I just know your mom is gonna love this. It's gorgeous. The image - although it reminds you of your mother when she was young is timeless.
Beryl xx

Davi said...

Pretty card Martha, Love the blues and of course you know I love the sweet image. The punched edge looks so pretty with it. Your om will love it!