Monday, February 21, 2011

KID'S BIRTHDAY CARDS


Before I went for my hip replacement, I created a couple of kid's BD cards using the Penny Black stick figure girls. I made a little kit out of the images after stamping and cut everything to shape ahead-of-time. Then when I went to my son's house for dinner, I was able to set the grand daughters up and showed them my sample and they colored the images as they wished and then used the pop dots to stick things together and adhere what needed to be where it needed to go. The image at the left is of the little girl with the pony tail and flowers. The curly headed girl has stars on her outfit. Both use the same Happy Birthday paper and the same sentiment. The ones the grand daughters made looked just like these samples I made to share with you. Pretty cute and happy cards for kids. Makes one want to be happy, which is a choice we all have. Happiness comes from within each of us! Thanks for stopping by and BE HAPPY!

3 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Martha, I've been browsing back over all your cards and really enjoying seeing you be so productive! I went all the way back and read up on Bill's pulled hamstring. My goodness, no wonder your were tiring so easily. It's been a long winter for the two of you, but your cards are pouring out all kinds of sunshine and thoughtful kindness for others. How fun to see you entering some challenges. I hope your enjoying your Copics and learning how to use them well.
I'm up to my ears with children again and have no time to talk. Bill is still out of work and on crutches. It's been a long 7 months...sigh! Just wanted you to know that I've checked in on you and left you a little love.
Hugs,
Barb

LeAnne said...

You are such a sweet grandmom! These are adorable---a great idea. I got your email but haven't had time to respond!!!! Hope all is well! :D

Beryl said...

Great selection of cards since I last managed a visit Martha. I tried to comment yesterday but the internet froze up on me - then this morning just as I was about to comment we had a power cut. Grrr. Will write again soon.
Beryl xx