Friday, February 11, 2011

SIMPLE


Here is a card I have thought about making for a long time. It requires that you stamp it 3-4 or more times, depending on the layering you plan to do. I stamped it 6 times and then set it aside months ago and didn't do anything with it until now.

It is a large Holly Berry House (has nothing to do with the movie stare Haley Berry) medallion stamp which I have lots of different ones ( an Ebay collection of mine) LOL! I decided to color this medallion with shades of pink and combined my few Copics with my Stampin Markers to get enough shades. I colored the bottom layer completely first so I would know where I was going with it, and then each layer above just got that layer colored. The cutting took the longest and deciding where to cut. I popped the three layers up. I was surprised that there is a "right" placement to the layers where the lines line up correctly.

I cut a plain white piece of CS with my CB and ran it through the Swiss dots folder and adhered it flat behind the medallion.It only shows near the bottom under the medallion (rotten camera skills here!) I stamped "be mine" (from Amuse) in pink and added some very small magenta heart rhinestones to the medallion and one beside the saying. I am liking simple more and more, every time I am able to accomplish it. I think it really requires a different skill set. Anyone can clutter up the card inside and out with bunches and bunches of layers, embellies, etc, but to make a simple card that seems to linger in the mind and make you smile at its simplicity is an artistic accomplishment, IMO! Don't get me wrong...cluttered cards can be pretty too, they are just different from the simple ones.

The opinions expressed here are mine alone and it is my blog where I share what I am thinking about and what I am thinking. I don't expect everyone or anyone to agree with me. It is JUST MY OPINION! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Beryl said...

A stunning card Martha - I really like it. I have a couple of medallion stamps and have never thought of using them like this - they normally get all glittered up - but this is a titally different approach. Beautiful.
Beryl xx